Monday, April 10, 2017

Lucky Chinese New Year dumplings and noodles I am a food blog I am a food blog

Spicy noodles in Sichuan, China | Enter the sky Noodle 2



Tomorrow is the Chinese New Year Eve and even though I'm going down with a cold, I'm not going to put on my favorite red sweater, my only red sweater and eat all the delicious Chinese food products are a superstitious group so I'll do my best and pretend that I'm not sick at all.
There are so, so many Chinese New Ss superstitions here is a short list Year if you want to follow and get a little extra luck in the Year of the Sheep.
Family dinner this year on Wednesday, 18 you absolutely have dinner with your family Usually it is a big reunion dinner where people travel to their parents home to a giant party Luckily, I live in the same town the eve of New Chinese New year like my parents, so it's super convenient.
Lucky Food There is a ton of lucky foods you can eat, but my favorites are the noodles for long life, wealth dumplings because they're kind of shaped like gold ingots, and whole fish for abundance.
The red color red is super lucky that represents joy and is also kind of noise as prosperous word though most people decorate with red and gold and also wear something red on bonus points end of the year if your whole outfit is new on new year's Day.



Cleaning Prepare a cleaning before the New Year and you will be swept something negative happened last year and your home will be spic and span for the new year But do not forget that you are not supposed to clean the New year or you'll sweep all your freshly got lucky.
I could go on, but honestly, I'm not that superstitious When I was a child, my favorite part of CNY, outside of the lucky red envelopes stuffed with money, food was, of course, I made these Quick and easy beef wontons so you guys can have a little celebration of Chinese New year too, if you want even if you aren t celebrate anything, these are super delicious wontons.
It is the first time that I made with beef wontons in general, they're pork and shrimp and I also made with chicken and turkey and I was pleasantly surprised I really enjoyed the texture contrast wonton skin smooth and silky and satisfying bite of beef Even if you don t make the wonton, make chili oil is spicy, soft touch and incredibly addictive when tossed with noodles.
Beef ravioli with oil and chilli noodles Serves 4.


April 1 cup mushrooms ear wood, rehydrated and coarsely chopped.
Noodles of choice, cooked according to the package and well drained.
Make oil spicy chili by mixing all the ingredients taste and adjust if necessary Set aside.
In a bowl, combine the ground beef, garlic, ginger, wood ear mushrooms, green onions, cilantro, sesame oil, salt and pepper Take a wonton wrapper and place 1 tablespoon soup garnish meat in the middle Dab a small smudge of water on the corners wrapper to ensure it seals properly Bring a corner of the package to the other corner to form a triangle Fold in both other corners and pinch to seal Otherwise, simply wet the edges of the envelope and gather and pinch in a small pocket.



Bring a large pot of water to boil over medium high heat and add in your wonton Stir gently so they do not stick to the pot bottom Once wontons floating upward, and the water returns to a boil, they should be cooked, about 5-8 minutes Cut an opening to check drain well and mix in half of spicy chili oil.
While wontons are cooking, bring a pot of water to boil for your noodles Bake according to the package, drain and mix in remaining oil spicy chili.
Serve the noodles and dumplings together and garnish with sliced ​​green onions, cilantro and toasted sesame seeds Enjoy hot.
I like to celebrate CNY And I even like with the dumplings and noodles, I must say that I am normally ALL superstitious practices New Year In the South, we eat greens, black-eyed peas, etc. This year was the only year I ignored all the rules it is only February, but I think I can say is the best year ever, perhaps it is something that I think I will celebrate CNY instead; Should I really tell how these photos are BEAUTIFUL I can almost smell the food from here.



Stephanie Happy CNY I miss my authentic Chinese dishes too wonton equals love ribbons ribbons laced with chili oil and a fresh bright green side is comfort Thanks for shairng.
I love your blog photos They are catchy, pleasant, and certainly the hunger inducing.
You write your messages with honesty, including your personal experiences and personality through your recipes are actually written, easy to understand and follow, and relevant to what makes them even more fun to read the events of the year .
I also found it very informative for those who do not know much about Chinese New Year Thank you for your messages exciting.



I'm hoping you have a suggestion my wontons collapsed and turned into complete mush Not one of them held together, and they're basically a bunch of goo Any idea what went wrong that I have boil too long, maybe I've ever done before wontons and I'm not sure what went wrong.
Are you sure you wet the wonton wrappers as you make them to make sure they sealed together How long do you cook them for they shouldn t take more than 8 minutes to cook possible that packages were cooked too long, too, during cooking, the water is moving to shouldn t boil over as a quick thrill hope that helps.
I would be happy if I find a bowl of this session on my dining room table sauce is FAB.







Lucky Chinese New Year dumplings and noodles I am a food blog I am a food blog, Lucky Chinese year meatballs.